Become a Member of The Helm Investor Community
Content. Community. Curated deal flow.
Membership to our Investor Community allows individual investors—novice and experienced alike—to make investments into early-stage female-founded companies for an annual fee of $750. Membership is open to all, but in order to make investments, you must be an accredited investor. Applications will be reviewed and approved on a rolling basis. (Note: The definition for accredited investors changed effective December 8, 2020).
Please complete the form below to apply now or click here to gift the membership to a loved one.
How It Works:
Guided by your interests, we will source and curate investment opportunities for the community on a monthly basis. It is up to you whether or not you would like to invest and at what amount; leave the investment and administration process up to us. New to angel investing? No problem. The Helm will provide exclusive member-only educational content on how to begin investing as well as access to a private community of both new and experienced investors.
What It Includes:
- A six-part masterclass on angel investing, and other exclusive funder-focused content
- Monthly vetted opportunities to invest as a syndicate in women-led businesses
- Monthly virtual gatherings and quarterly IRL cocktail events with the community
- Office hours with a General Partner of The Helm’s venture fund to deep dive on all things diligence and investing
Our members have invested in companies like Dog Drop, a first-of-its-kind dog daycare franchise for busy urban millennials, Oova, a next-generation biochemistry + AI company that is revolutionizing remote at-home urine testing, Haute Hijab, the leading U.S. Hijab brand, Miss Grass, the largest brand for female cannabis consumers Aplos, a plant-based functional alcohol alternative that is reimagining the adult drinking occasion for the modern, wellness-minded consumer.
Our private community of both new and experienced investors includes tech company leaders (TikTok, Reddit, Airbnb), former and current female founders, and both rising junior-level women and women with wealth. Some select members below:
Our Commitment to Equality:
We are committed to ensuring equality across all of our platforms. For Membership, this means that:
- 15% of the deals we evaluate will be from Black founders and 40% of the deals will be from BIPOC founders
- 15% of the deals we invest in will be from Black founders and 40% of the deals will be from BIPOC founders by the end of 2021
- We will work to actively recruit 15% prospective Black members and 40% BIPOC
If you are a company founded by a female-identifying or non-binary founder that is currently fundraising, we want to hear from you! Please fill out this form to get in touch.
Apply for Membership Now
This will take approximately 3-4 minutes to complete.