Become a Member of The Helm Investor Community
Content. Community. Curated deal flow.
Membership to our Investor Community allows individual investors—novice and experienced alike—to make investments into early-stage female-founded companies for an annual fee of $750. Membership is open to all, but in order to make investments, you must be an accredited investor. Applications will be reviewed and approved on a rolling basis. (Note: The definition for accredited investors changed effective December 8, 2020).
Please complete the form below to apply now or click here to gift the membership to a loved one.
How It Works:
Guided by your interests, we will source and curate investment opportunities for the community on a monthly basis. It is up to you whether or not you would like to invest and at what amount; leave the investment and administration process up to us. New to angel investing? No problem. The Helm will provide exclusive member-only educational content on how to begin investing as well as access to a private community of both new and experienced investors.
What It Includes:
- A six-part masterclass on angel investing, and other exclusive funder-focused content
- Monthly vetted opportunities to invest as a syndicate in women-led businesses
- Virtual gatherings and IRL cocktail events with the community
- Office hours with a Partner of The Helm’s venture fund to deep dive on all things diligence and investing
Our members have invested in companies like Dog Drop, a first-of-its-kind dog daycare franchise for busy urban millennials, Oova, a next-generation biochemistry + AI company that is revolutionizing remote at-home urine testing, Aunt Flow, a B2B period-care solution ensuring tampons and pads are free at offices and schools nationwide, Miss Grass, the largest brand for female cannabis consumers, Tia, the modern medical home for women, Venus Aerospace, a carbon-neutral Mach 9 hypersonic space plane, and c16 Biosciences, the world’s first bio-manufactured alternative to palm oil. Just to name a few!
Our private community of both new and experienced investors includes executives at top technology companies (TikTok, Reddit, Airbnb), former and current female founders, renowned philanthropists, and even young women just beginning their careers. Some select members below:
Our Commitment to Equality:
We are committed to ensuring equality across all of our platforms. For Membership, this means that:
- 15% of the deals we evaluate will be from Black founders and 40% of the deals will be from BIPOC founders
- 15% of the deals we invest in will be from Black founders and 40% of the deals will be from BIPOC founders by the end of 2021
- We will work to actively recruit 15% prospective Black members and 40% BIPOC
If you are a company founded by a female-identifying or non-binary founder that is currently fundraising, we want to hear from you! Please fill out this form to get in touch.
Apply for Membership Now
This will take approximately 3-4 minutes to complete.