This is a full-time, senior position at The Helm that plays a leading role in shaping the direction of The Helm’s content strategy. Our goal is to make The Helm the premier destination for sharing the stories of female founders and funders and purchasing products and services from female-founded companies.
The Editorial Director brings a combination of deep creative vision, a passion for storytelling and a keen understanding of and connection to the most exciting and fresh voices in culture. The Editorial Director loves thinking about the big picture and the day-to-day and really, really enjoys project management and keeping track of the details. This person will be able to fluently translate the mission of The Helm into a rich and engaging digital content strategy that introduces The Helm’s community to amazing women, contextualizes our commerce business and is representative of our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
This role reports to the CEO and is based in New York City.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Create a digital content strategy and editorial calendar to meet short and long term goals
- Lead a digital editorial team in the production of two weekly newsletters that include original content and monthly issues
- Create a budget and work plan for the growth of the editorial department
- Write, greenlight and edit all editorial content
- Lead as well as identify, engage and manage writers, contributors, and influencers
- Partner with the Head of Growth on the brand voice and presence across all social platforms
- Establish creative ways to tell stories across multiple platforms
- Work with the Head of Growth to create a strategy that includes revenue projections for engaging sponsors, advertisers and vendors in The Helm’s content platform
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and the proven ability to set and meet deliverable deadlines
- Strong writing skills with ability to develop a brand voice and quality content
- Expertise in creating data-driven content that fits into a social and search strategy
- An understanding of and interest in creating shoppable content that incorporates affiliate and commerce products.
- A belief that all team members should have the opportunity to engage in the brainstorming and execution of content
- An obsession with grammar and spelling and absolutely hate typos
- A love of thinking big picture and getting your hands dirty in the weeds
- A growth mindset and a passion for highlighting new voices and changing how the world invests in women
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a bit more information on why our mission resonates with you and how you’d think about bringing in outside voices.